What to do with ripe bananas other than smoothies and banana cake? Try out these healthy double chocolate bites for a change!
Servings: 30 cookies
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of oats
- 4 large egg whites or 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until the consistency is smooth.
- Add egg and milk, and mix until smooth.
- Gradually add dried ingredients and mix.
- Form mixture into 1.5 inch balls.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet (no oil needed for the preparation!).
- Remove from heat and enjoy with a glass of milk!
|Decadent double chocolate cookie-bites (for 2 cookie-bites)||Commercial cookie * (for 1 cookie)|
|Energy||120 kcal||320 kcal|
|Carbohydrates||19.8 g||43 g|
|Protein||4.4 g||4 g|
|Fats||3.2 g||15 g|
Photos: Adriana Luu