Are you often in a rush and need a ‘to-go’ snack? Since it is pumpkin season, you can make pumpkin oat squares and enjoy at work, in class, or even after your workout!
Servings: 28 squares
Preparation time: 20 mins + refrigeration
- 2 cups of hulled (without the shell) pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups of cooked diced pumpkin (or 1 cup of puréed cooked pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 3 cups of oats
- In a food processor, mix pumpkin seeds until it forms a ball (at this point, it becomes pumpkin seed butter)
- Add pumpkin, and mix until smooth
- Transfer into a large bowl, and add maple syrup and oats
- Transfer mixture into a baking pan lined with parchemin paper, and refrigerate
- Cut into squares (you can also form the mixture into little balls instead of squares)
About these squares…
Each square contains 8g of protein, 16g of carbohydrates, 3g of fiber and 9g of fat (including 8g of good mono- and poly-unsaturated fats, AKA the good fats), making this a nutritious snack that can keep you full in between meals.