Do you need a delicious and nutritious dessert idea? Chia banana cakes are your answer!
Chia seeds are great because they are a great source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
Preparation time: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 bananas
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbs of melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Preheat oven at 375F
- Soak chia seeds in milk and set aside
- In a large bowl, mash bananas
- Add egg, oil, honey, vanilla extract and milk-chia mixture
- Stir in dry ingredients
- Transfer the batter into greased pans
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool and enjoy!